I love natural and candid shots. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy shots of you looking right at the camera, but I don't want your whole session to be you looking at me. I want you interacting with one another, laughing, and really connecting to each other while I sit back and document those moments. It's a natural response to want to look at the camera; that's just human instinct to look at it and smile! But I'm going to give you prompts to look away and make for more natural looking photos.
Since I shoot natural light, the best time of day is one hour before sunset. Shooting in natural light also means shooting in natural settings ... outdoors. I love finding cool and unique places to take photos, so I hope you're up for an adventure, and maybe a little walking/hiking to get to those locations. Trust me, it will be all worth getting those beautiful landscape shots!
I know this sounds so cliche, but photography has been my forever love. In high school, I always had a disposable camera, snapping photos of friends and our silly adventures. I upgraded to a point and shoot thanks to technology, and eventually to my first DSLR which my sister encouraged me to splurge on. Since then, I've taken photos for friends and family, always wanting to be a photographer, but never fully pursing my dream. My cousin who is also my best friend and now a photographer, gave me the push I really needed to get back into it.
I was born and raised in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois and moved to San Diego in the fall of 2011. I packed my car with whatever fit and drove to San Diego to get a fresh start. I met my now husband, Geoff, shortly after moving to San Diego and we have been together ever since. We moved to the East Bay in January 2016 and got married that July. We have two adorable boys who keep us busy and on our toes! We currently reside in Danville, California.
- I looooooove coffee. Like, I cannot function if I don't drink a cup as soon as I wake up.
- I'm a huge animal lover. My dream is to one day have a house on a piece of land where I can build a shelter and foster cats and dogs.
- I don't like getting dressed up. I love coming home from work and putting on sweatpants, a sweatshirt and putting my hair up in a bun.
- I'm a huge fan of "Friends," "The Office," and "How I Met Your Mother." I've watched all seasons multiple times yet still laugh super hard at them.
- I love to eat - especially pizza and all Mexican food.
Cover photo & newborn photos by Kandace Photography